Today I’m sharing another What I Ate In A Day since my first post was pretty popular and a lot of people wonder how I eat paleo and how I’ve done the Whole 30 while breastfeeding. I think it’s worth noting that I haven’t changed what I eat much from what I ate pre-pregnancy or while pregnant. I also make things I know my husband will eat, too.
Upon Rising (6 am): I start every day the same way! I swear I’m thrown off for the day if I miss my lemon ACV water.
- Water with lemon juice*, apple cider vinegar,and cayenne pepper
- Prenatal vitamin, Omega-3, Vitamin D, probiotic, trace minerals
Breakfast (7 am): I try to start each day with protein so I don’t end up hungry in an hour and a half. I also try to eat greens and a probiotic-rich food with breakfast every day.
- Roasted organic green beans* (leftover from dinner the previous night)
- Two organic, cage free eggs* fried in coconut oil*
- Wildbrine spicy kimchi probiotic sriracha
- Organic banana*
- Black coffee
Lunch (12 pm): A warm bowl of soup hit the spot after taking Max and Axel for a hike outside in the 30 degree (“real feel” 16) windy weather.
- Bowl of spiced carrot, lentil, and sweet potato soup
- Two handfuls of Food Should Taste Good organic multigrain tortilla chips*
Snack (1:30 pm): organic Gala apple* with almond butter* & cinnamon.
Snack (4:30 pm): chocolate protein shake (Protein Powder + water) after working out.
Dinner (6:30 pm): I had pulled some steaks out of the freezer after breakfast, so they were ready to go by dinner time. Sautéed some veggies and dinner was on our plates in 30 minutes!
Dessert (8:30 pm): I’ve been craving dessert almost every night lately…I’m gonna blame it on the cold weather and say I’m bulking up for hibernation 🙂
- Handful of Purely Elizabeth Probiotic Gluten-Free Maple Walnut Granola*
- Drizzle of coconut milk*
Before Bed (10:30 pm): Magnesium before bed to help with zZzZzZz.
Happy Hump Day and Wellness Wednesday, friends!